Start of classes
Kyoto University was going to start new term in AY2020 from April 8th, but even in Kansai-area (Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo), COVID-19 infection has been spreading. As the situation continues to change rapidly, our priority remains not only the prevention of infection on campus, but the health and safety of our students off campus, in particular, while they come to the university. With this current situation, Institute Liberal Arts and Sciences (ILAS) has decided to cancel all ILAS courses in first semester AY2020 till May 6th, 2020.
ILAS is aiming to resume all ILAS courses from May 7th and hoping to open courses as usual, but all classes are likely to be online classes unless there is no drastic change in situation. In order to prepare for online classes, we strongly recommend students to follow the instruction below and get ready for new semester.
- Check if you can log into KULASIS and PandA with your account (ECS-ID) and password, and can receive an email on Kyoto University Student Mail (KUMOI), which is used for notifications from instructors and office staff members.
- There are no changes in pre-registration and class registration process. Follow the schedule announced strictly.
- Instructors who are in charge of the courses you registered will send you materials for self-learning and messages (it is not applied to all courses). Prior to the start of classes, you are encouraged to prepare grabbing the course contents you learn. You are advised to think the learning in the university from a broader perspective on this occasion and increase the motivation for learning.
- You will meet occasions of daily computer use not only for class, but also writing an essay, reading a notice, checking the grades and so on. If you do not have your own computer, you are strongly recommended to buy one as much as possible.
Refer to this page https://www.z.k.kyoto-u.ac.jp/freshman-guide/device
- Some courses are shifted to intensive course during summer break. The list of courses with dates and time will be announced at a later date.